Learning Journal - Week 6
Capstone Discussion
This past week I got to spend some time with my team members and begin to think about some ideas for our capstone projects. All of our team members have vastly different concepts for a Capstone project, but they are all so fascinating and cover bases in varying different ways. One wants to make an organization Ed-Tech tool, one wants to make a social media platform, and another wants to make data analysis programs! We pitched our own ideas to each other and got some constructive criticism, and I realized that my idea of a fully functional AI-based translator app may be a bit of work; however, I am very interested in its concept and I look forward to seeing how I can execute it.
Learning Overview
I had the opportunity to learn a lot of new, applicable concepts this past week. To start, I spent some more time with AI Prompt Engineering and I was able to get a pretty favorable output from ChatGPT by using very careful prompts. Now I find that when I need clarifications or revisions, I use the techniques I learned from these past few weeks to get solid advice from LLM's! I even mentioned that on my resume that I got to create this week.
On that note, I also hadn't made a resume in a few years, and previously I would typically rely on templates, so it felt good making my own original resume from scratch and also I learned how to make myself stand out. I used a handful of keywords, I looked into potential job listings and gear the resume to that, and I even learned how to write a cover letter which I intend to actually send out to a company!
Additionally, I spent some time creating an website outline to keep up with my learning over the years and I got to apply some Photoshop skills to develop a visually-appealing portfolio website, which I plan on potentially doing again in the future for an actual portfolio which I can share with my future employers.
I got to meet up with my teammates again this week and I got to put project management skills into practice as well as some proactive leadership skills. I planned out what needed to happen before the meeting itself, and I prepared some useful tools that our team could use to execute a video project, such as Trello and Google Drive.
And finally, I got to spend some time previewing the upcoming Java course. I read through the syllabus and also I spent a bit of time reading the "Java for C++ Programmers" guide. As someone who is quite proficient in C++, it gave me a good understanding on Java syntax and practices, and I can't wait to apply it to the next course!
Comments
Post a Comment